Author Archives: Photographer and Journalist
Our nation’s Public Lands is and always has been, Owned by American’s! It is what places the United States together, both physically and Ideologically. We pay government agencies to do things right, BIT CURRENTLY AND THE PAST FEW DECADES, THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO LIE, TO COMMIT FRAUD ON A CONSTANT BASIS, AND TO MISINFORM THE TAXPAYER PUBLIC IN THE MATTERS OF WILD HORSES, THE OVER-POPULATION OF WILD HORSES THAT SIMPLY DOES NOT EXIST, AND THE RIGHT’S AMERICAN’S DO HAVE WHEN MAKING DECISIONS ABOUT OUR PUBLIC LANDS.
The Bureau of Lands Management simply covers-up the truth entirely for a select few to use Our Public Lands, and to outright abuse it. Time to Investigate the Bureau of Land Management, the Department of the Interior, as well as the USDA Forestry and the USDA Wildlife Services. The worst of the worst in GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION TODAY!
A short discusion on Ecologic Habitats and Process and Our Declining Food Chain Supplements on Our Public Lands due to Mismanagement and Corruption in Total
We are destroying the very fundamental situations that assisted in Our Country’s Growth. Our Food Chain Supplements are becoming less and less, due to corruption, to mismanaged Public Lands, and to bad science or no science at all used. The best example being the mismanaged situations and industry that exists upon Our Very Public Lands. This situation intertwined with not only sever Corruption (Constitutional Violations also exist within this corrupt empire that manages it, the Bureau of Land Management as well as the USDA Forestry) but just plain old bad-management ideologies and paradigms, with no interest directly involved with Science what so ever, and Common-Sense is totally out the window. . .
Our Food Chain Supplements are in need of better management, better science, and less cattle and oil or mining on Our Public Lands, as we are in trouble right now — this is not a future problem, it is a Right-Now problem. It is an understatement that bigotry, bias, and a crude ignorance exists within management of these government agencies, and many personnel must be replaced, and this includes government contractors as well.
America, we have a significant problem here, and it is within Our Government of today, and representatives, over-site situations and organizations, and others are simply ignoring it in total..
When we peruse the evidence of all that I and others state here, for example:
- The stomping to death of a small burro on the rangelands by a government contractor’s son, Cattoors helicopters, or,
- The beating and stomping upon a burro by a government employee and the other employees standing by and laughing. . . ;
- We have a problem with these types of employees and contractors alike, and piles upon piles of photo’s and videos, and eye-witness account — and the Justice Department ill not take them;
- there is no doubt, as witnesses looked on and in disbelief — many of the situations on video as well. or,
- the outright and blatant corruption of selling wild horses to slaughter-transports (theft), or the occasion of shooting horses, and the animosity and outright psychosis that exists within that realm of mental dysfunction. And so much more. . . I could go on and on about the several types of corruption, that Taxpayer’s and the American Public simply do not want to support with Our taxpayer money, and many, when this situation known, demand correction, and punishment to these people doing all of this; or,
- The ongoing and fraudulent lies of Over-population of Wild horses, the over-population simply doe not exist and fraud committed in accord with Federal Law, and the Justice Department ignore in total — the process of keeping these government agencies in check, to avoid corruption, is not working and ignored every day;
- the Justice Department told about these instances, or one example of many more, $3.4 million in theft from illegal Bait and Trap Procurement and payment to government contractors at Murderer’s Creek, Oregon, they simply ignored;
- They ignored the abuse situations, as they state they are investigating, but that is a lie as well and feeds the corruption entirely;
- They ignore the sales of wild horses stolen from Public Lands by BLM and Forestry personnel; and,
- They act as though a Taxpayer has no rights, and should not be saying anything, and yet we pay their salaries;
- The current Justice Department defends all of the ongoing Corruption and Mental-Dysfunctional situations of these government agency employees and government contractors, today as as this is being written . . .
Government Agency Corruption, Collusion, and Illegal Activity – The Bureau of Land Management, USDA Forestry Grazing Permit Programs, and Non-Profits associated with them — Corrupt In Total
Very Simple, Evidence lucrative in all phases of what is pointed out below, in the matters of illegal and extremely corrupt activity, in order to mis-lead and even outright lie about many circumstance’s within the Grazing Permit Programs, to obtain tax payer money knowingly within a corrupt and illegal method . . .
We live within a Justice System, and Laws, and a very significant Part of the American Ways. To not take to task, or have government employees, contractor’s, and non-profits to be held accountable to All American’s and the Tax Payer’s alike, and within Our Justice System, is to violate directly Accountability for Their Corrupt Actions.
Making false statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001) is the common name for the United States federal process crime laid out in Section 1001 of Title 18 of the United States Code, which generally prohibits knowingly and willfully making false or fraudulent statements, or concealing information, in “any matter within the jurisdiction” of the federal government of the United States, even by merely denying guilt when asked by a federal agent. A number of notable people have been convicted under the section, including Martha Stewart, Rod Blagojevich, Michael T. Flynn, Rick Gates, Scooter Libby, Bernard Madoff, and Jeffrey Skilling.
18 U.S. Code § 1038. False information and hoaxes
(a)Criminal Violation. —
(1)In general.—Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505(b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49, shall—
(A) be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(B) if serious bodily injury results, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(C) if death results, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any number of years up to life, or both.
We can truthfully characterize, merely by the perusal of the illegal activity and listed information, that the Bureau of Land Management as well as the USDA Forestry, and the Grazing Permit Programs of both, operate within an extremely “Corrupt” as well as “Costly to Taxpayers” in the $–Billions now . . . and for many years doing so and allowed to function within a “Corrupt” manner by Our representatives as well as government agency personnel, actively taking part – in misleading Our Country with bad, false, bias, and politically motivated – special interest landscape over all.
What we have found . . . follows:
1. Overpopulation’s of Wild Horses on Public Lands is false, as evidence shows quite well, and Fraudulent Activities within a government agency, the BLM – USDA Forestry, for budgetary reasons;
2. The Destruction of Public Lands done by Wild Horses is false, as claimed by BLM – USDA Forestry, several layers of information of direct evidence supports this conclusion, Fraudulent Activities within a government agency, the BLM – USDA Forestry, for budgetary reasons only;
3. The contracting and use of Contracting a Birth Control Pesticide referred to as PZP, as well as other Birth Controls to Zero-Out the Wild Horse’s on Public Lands, based upon prejudice and vile bias, as well as falsified information within the research of such elements, as well as falsified science combined with falsified Rangelands Data (i.e. excludes cattle from their data – PEER Group report and GAO Report) from BLM – USDA Forestry shows, remains Fraudulent Activities within these associated government agency, the BLM – USDA Forestry, for budgetary reasons, as well as Non-Profit Contractor’s perpetuating the misinformation and false Environmental Assessments, as well as false reasoning for Emergency Roundups, which fulfill no Evidentiary Requirement (Federal Laws Violations all) to do so;
4. Abuse and substantial death rates of Wild Horses, based upon falsified Wild Horse Over-Population on Public Lands directly from the BLM – USDA Forestry, and the prevalent bias and outright ignorance and reasoning for the abuse and mortality rates of Wild Horses, as well as the Roundups themselves, we find deplorable activity done by disgusting individuals (the stomping to death of a burro, killing Wild Horses via helicopter running blades, and other illegal helicopter maneuver’s, et al – as witnesses observed and shocked, et al.) both government employees and private contractor’s, prevalent, perpetuated by Fraudulent Activities within a government agency, the BLM – USDA Forestry, for budgetary reasons as well as Conflict and Special Interest motivated;
5. The government’s Grazing Permit Program, on Our Nation’s Public Lands, remains inferior, open to a vast aray or “Corrupt” activity – and we find both government agency personnel as will as contractor’s simply making a lot of taxpayer money based upon False information entirely, for purpose as such — based upon False Premise of necessity, and we find the program itself Corrupt in Total, based upon a continues listing of simply Fraudulent information – as we find the Domestic Sales still do not rise above 1% of Beef Sales based upon yearly Receipts – and only a maximum of 4% of the ranching community in America, and at a 28% to 34% throw-away margins yearly, this provides evidence for discontinuing the Grazing Permit Program on Public Lands — Fraudulent Activities within a government agency, the BLM – USDA Forestry, for budgetary reasons as well as Special Interest Only situations . . . (Ammendum Continues – 5 of 48 Charges)
- “18 U.S. Code 1001 – Statements or entries generally”.
- Lauren C. Hennessey, No Exception for No: Rejection of the Exculpatory No Doctrine, Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology, Vol. 89 (spring 1998).
- “Martha Stewart is found guilty of all charges”. online.wsj.com. 7 March 2014.
- “Blagojevich asks judge to override false statements conviction”. jurist.org. 14 September 2010.
- Leonnig, Carol D.; Dawsey, Josh; Barrett, Devlin; Zapotosky, Matt (2017-12-01). “Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI”. Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- Breuninger, Kevin (2018-02-23). “Former Trump campaign official Rick Gates pleads guilty to lying and conspiracy against the US”. CNBC. Retrieved 2018-02-23.
- “Scooter Libby jokes”. politicalhumour.about.com.
- “Madoff criminal charges: summary of the 11 counts against him”. Bloomberg. 11 March 2009.
- “Former Enron CEO Jeffrey Skilling resentenced to 168 months on fraud and conspiracy charges”. http://www.fbi.gov. 21 June 2013.
- Strader, Kelly J. Understanding White Collar Crime (2 ed.).
- 18 U.S.C. § 2331
- United States v. Wong, 431 U.S. 174, 178 (1977)
- Brogan v. United States, 396 U.S. 64, 72 (1969)
- How to Avoid Going to Jail under 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for Lying to Government Agents – FindLaw
- United States v. McDonald, 620 F.2d 559, 561-64 (5th Cir. 1980).
- United States Attorneys’ Manual, Title 9, Criminal Resource Manual § 916.
- United States Attorneys’ Manual, Title 9, Criminal Resource Manual § 906.
- United States Attorneys’ Manual, Title 9, Criminal Resource Manual § 913.
- Hubbard v. United States, 514 U.S. 695 (1995)
- United States v. Gilliland, 312 US 86, 93-94 (1941) (“Legislation had been sought by the Secretary of the Interior to aid the enforcement of laws relating to the functions of the Department of the Interior and, in particular, to the enforcement of regulations under Sec. 9(c) of the [NIRA].”).
Justice must be obtained, then served, to end this Corrupt Empire, and what is refered to as the BLM – USDA Forestry Grazing Permit Programs . . .
Made with slaughterhouse pig ovaries PZP is dangerous to herd health: Oh, wait, Genetically Altered, diseased, so what do ya have, really? They don’t know!
Do we have a legitimate concern, about the Pesticide PZP, and what is actually hidden from the public. We know it can Zero-Out a wild horse population, due to the Confidentiality Agreements that many who dart wild horses sign, to acquire the Nazi-Like indoctrinated mentality to dart something into wildlife that they have no idea what it is, really, other than what they were told and simply repeat to others, within a blank stare of not really understanding what they are saying scientifically, but just repeat what they were told to say. Have the mainline journalist’s reported this correctly, or just deferred or referenced the Industrial Mind Set, and the supposition that things must be controlled by human’s, just because?
“A story can tell the truth…but a story can also lie. Stories can bend and twist and obfuscate. Controlling stories is power indeed. And who could benefit most from such a power?” ―
We currently have a problem with the Press today, as they no longer do the Due Diligence required to present an honest and journalist article, of value. Lost is the getting up and actually going further than the water container or break room, from their desk. And when in the field, disconnect from such untruthful entities as the Bureau of Land Management and other misinformed agencies, who market the information to franchise themselves with yearly large budgets, like the USDA Forestry and other government agencies.
To: Jacob Bunge, Wall Street Journal
Dear Mr. Bunge: Regarding your article — They Shoot Horses (With Birth-Control Darts), Don’t They? — here are facts to correct the lies and disinformation you have been told.
Sting of the dart: If it were only a sting! Fact: Many wild horses develop an abscess at the dart-injection site.
Bogus ballooning population: Wild horses are a slow-growth species when it comes to reproduction. The gestation period lasts 11 months, and a mare produces just 1 foal. While an independent study of BLM’s records confirmed an almost 20% birth rate, that study also found that 50% of foals perish before their first birthday. Thus, the effective increase in population from new foals is just 10%. But adult mustangs also die. They succumb to illness, injury, and predation at a rate of at least 5% a year. So, what is a normal herd-growth rate? About 5%, probably less.
Fraudulent figures: The Big Lie of “overpopulation” is the pretext for BLM’s war against the wild horses, and the wild horses are prisoners of that war. It’s BLM’s version of the “Shock Doctrine,” wherein BLM concocted a phony crisis to push through policies antithetical to the Wild Horse Act against the will of The People. There is no overpopulation except on BLM’s falsified spreadsheets. Reviews of BLM’s population-estimates reveal biologically-impossible herd-growth rates. For instance, in Utah, BLM claimed that the Conger herd grew from 156 horses to 285 horses in one year, an 82.7% increase, to which BLM tacked on another 20% by counting the unborn foals — the fetuses. In Wyoming, BLM declared that the Salt Wells Creek herd grew from 29 horses to 616 horses in 6 months (yes, months), a 2,024% increase. BLM’s “data” is chock-full of such preposterous growth-estimates. So, when you hear talk of how the wild horses are reproducing “exponentially,” that’s a sure sign that BLM has falsified the data.
Wild horses are underpopulated: Per the guidelines of BLM’s own geneticist, 83% of the herds suffer from arbitrary management levels (AMLs) set below minimum-viable population (MVP). Low AMLs enable BLM to claim an “excess” in herds whose numbers, even if they were over AML, would still not reach MVP. So being “over AML” is meaningless as well as misleading. But the low AMLs, combined with falsified, biologically-impossible herd-growth estimates, give BLM an excuse to scapegoat those few wild horses for the range-damage done by the millions of livestock that overgraze the public lands.
Whose grass? In fact, it is the livestock who are eating the wild horses’ grass. Some background — the dedicated wild-horse habitats cover only 11% of BLM land. Cattle are allowed to graze about 5 times that much, including within all but 4 of the wild-horse herd areas. Yet in those official wild-horse habitats where livestock are given allotments, the mustangs are restricted to 18% of the forage while the cattle get 82%.
Bogus billion: The wild horses being held in captivity are the “legacy” of former Secretary Salazar’s equid cleansing era, during which he had thousands of wild horses removed from the range. However, the mortality rate of captive wild horses is about 8% a year. So, obviously, since they are not reproducing, their numbers will steadily drop, showing that BLM’s billion-dollar figure for their care is just another Lie. The Wild Horse and Burro program, if run per the minimum-feasible management-model specified by Law, would not cost much at all. BLM does not lack for resources. There are 22 million acres of legally-designated wild-horse herd areas — which BLM previously took away for expediency — that can be reopened as habitat. The horses now held captive can be released to those areas, where the cost of their upkeep will be $0.
Adoptions: Have not declined. It’s just that BLM used to count sales-for-slaughter as “adoptions.” Now, only “forever-family” placements qualify. However, wild horses are not homeless horses. They have a home — where they belong — on the range.
Persecuted predators: Contrary to BLM’s disinformation campaign, wild horses do have natural predators — mountain lions, bears, wolves, and coyotes. But those predators are persecuted mercilessly. The government exterminates what the hunters don’t shoot. However, the International Society for the Protection of Mustangs and Burros — Wild Horse Annie’s foundation — notes that even without predators, wild-horse herds self-regulate their numbers, with population-growth in the single digits.
Science and Conservation Center: Is the manufacturer and distributor of PZP / ZonaStat-H. Thus, its information is not impartial. PZP is a registered pesticide that was approved by the EPA for use on wild horses and burros “where they have become a nuisance.” However, PZP was registered without the standard testing requirements. There is currently a lawsuit challenging the legitimacy of the registration, especially in light of studies that have disclosed PZP’s many adverse side-effects.
Shooting wild horses: PZP is a potent weapon in BLM’s arsenal — for its biological warfare against the wild horses. But birth control for wild horses is unnecessary because there is no overpopulation. Why would we contracept herds whose population is inadequate for genetic viability? Why would we contracept herds based on falsified figures? Logically we wouldn’t and ethically we shouldn’t. Further, if PZP were going to stop the roundups, it would have done so long ago for the Pryor Mountain herd, which has been darted with PZP for nearly two decades. Yet roundups have been scheduled there like clockwork every 3 years and, in spite of intensifying the PZP treatments recently, BLM tried to implement yearly roundups until stopped by a Friends of Animals lawsuit.
PZP — the anti-vaccine: PZP causes auto-immune disease. PZP “works” by tricking the immune system into producing antibodies that target and attack the ovaries. The antibodies cause ovarian dystrophy, oophoritis (inflammation of the ovaries), ovarian cysts, destruction of oocytes in growing follicles, and depletion of resting follicles. The mare’s estrogen-levels drop markedly as PZP destroys her ovaries. Ultimately, PZP sterilizes her. Because PZP stimulates the immune system, it ironically works “best” — sterilizes faster — in mares that have strong immune-function. Such mares respond to the anti-vaccine and produce quantities of PZP antibodies that destroy their ovaries. But, conversely, PZP may not work at all in mares whose immune-function is weak or depressed. Those mares fail to respond to PZP. They keep getting pregnant and producing foals who, like their dams, suffer from weak immune-function. So, the PZP pesticide works against the very horses that Nature has best equipped for survival-against-disease while favoring and selecting for the immuno-compromised. Worse yet, radioimmunoassay tests indicated that PZP antibodies are transferred from mother to female offspring via the placenta and milk.
Health-risks to volunteers: As for the well-meaning volunteers who dart wild horses, EPA’s Pesticide Fact Sheet for PZP advises that Personal Protective Equipment requirements include long sleeved shirt and long pants, gloves and shoes plus socks to mitigate occupational exposure. EPA specifically warns that pregnant women must not be involved in handling or injecting ZonaStat-H, and that all women should be aware that accidental self-injection may cause infertility. Unfortunately, PZP’s manufacturer has misrepresented PZP as “so safe it is boring.” But research shows that PZP is a powerful hormone disruptor. Further, consider the magnitude of the risk — the PZP-in-question is a horse-size dose. If volunteers think PZP is safe, they will be less likely to protect themselves from this dangerous pesticide. Indeed, please note that in the photo accompanying your article, Ms. Bolbol is not in compliance with EPA’s safety-precautions. She is not wearing the required protective gear.
Mengelian experiments: Now, BLM wants to perform diabolical sterilization experiments on these equine POWs to develop a Final Solution to the “problem”. BLM is handing out $11 million for sterilization-studies. The grant money is surely intended to buy loyalty and silence potential criticism from academia. Plus, BLM, a corrupt agency, gets to cloak itself in respectability by affiliating with prestigious universities.
The ugly side of PZP is humane-washed by feel-good features that describe it with humor, sweetness and light. However, the true story of PZP is one of scandal, whose deceit and danger — to both horses and humans — must be exposed. That is the story that needs to be reported.
“When you’re dealing with frauds and liars, listen more to what they don’t say than what they do.”
1. PZP — The Pesticide: PZP is an EPA-registered pesticide manufactured from the ovaries of slaughtered pigs. Some persons argue that, because PZP does not kill the mare, it is not really a “pesticide.” Actually, PZP does kill. Stillbirths are associated with the pesticide’s use, meaning that some of its supposed contraceptive effects are actually feticidal.. In addition, over the long term, PZP weakens a herd immunologically, putting it at risk for eventual or even sudden extinction.
2. PZP — The Disproved Hypothesis: PZP’s manufacturer promoted the product as generating antibodies that “block sperm attachment.” But that marketing-hype was merely an untested hypothesis postulated three decades ago. Independent researchers found that PZP has a different effect, and many adverse effects.
3. PZP — The Actual Mode-of-Action: Behaving like a perverted vaccine, PZP tricks the mare’s immune system into making antibodies that cause ovarian dystrophy, autoimmune oophoritis, ovarian cysts, and premature ovarian failure. PZP quickly sterilizes mares that have a strong immune system but has no effect on those suffering from weak immunity. Thus, PZP both works and doesn’t work but, in the long run, selects for poor immune function. Weak immunity = weak resistance to infection, which could quickly wipe out a herd. PZP also affects the foals. If a mare is pregnant or nursing when darted, PZP antibodies are transferred to her offspring via the placenta and her milk. So, inadvertently, unborn and newborn foals receive a dose or two of the pesticide when their dams are injected.
4. PZP — The Danger to Humans: PZP is a powerful endocrine-disruptor. It causes a sharp drop in estrogen levels. Unfortunately, because the manufacturer misrepresented PZP as “so safe it is boring,” volunteer-darters have become lax in following safety-precautions. Accidental self-injection could result in severe adverse effects because the dose-in-question is sized for a horse.
5. PZP — The Year-Round Birthing-Season: A longitudinal study (Ransom et al. 2013) of three herds currently under treatment with PZP found that the the birthing-season lasts virtually year-round (341 days). Out-of-season births put the life of mares and their foals in jeopardy. Nature designed foals to be born in Spring, not year-round, and certainly not in Winter.
6. PZP — Prolonged Delay in Recovery of Fertility: Ransom et al. also found that, after suspension of PZP, it takes more than a year per each year-of-treatment before mares recover their fertility. PZP’s manufacturer conceded that it could take up to 8 years to recover fertility after just 3 consecutive years of PZP treatment.
7. PZP — Scientists Say Proceed with Caution: Ransom et al. warned: “The transient nature of … PZP can manifest into extraordinary persistence of infertility with repeated vaccinations, and ultimately can alter birth phenology in horses. This persistence … suggests caution for use in small refugia ….”
8. PZP — Contraindicated for Tiny, Isolated Herds: Several years ago, BLM convened a meeting of scientists on the topic of minimum herd-size for genetic fitness. Conclusion: “Smaller, isolated populations (<200 total census size) are particularly vulnerable ….” And that’s without PZP in the mix.
9. Slow Herd-Growth: Per independent research, wild-horse herds increase at a rate of only 5% a year; and wild-burro herds, just 2%. Such slow growth does not warrant pesticide treatments administered en masse every year. Eventual sterilization is inevitable, with extinction of the herd over the long term.
10. Predators: The right way to right-size the wild-horse population is Nature’s way — predators. But those predators — mountain lions, bears, wolves, and coyotes — are persecuted mercilessly. Wildlife Services exterminates what trophy-hunters don’t shoot. Predators help the herds by favoring survival-of-the-fittest and the best genetic adaptations. Predators are the “no-cost” solution.
by Marybeth Devlin
Wild Horse Advocate